So have you ever acquired into Google Pixel problems? There isn’t a need for panic. All smartphones have a justifiable share of problems, errors and disruptions from the unique to the familiar. Regardless of being older, the unique Google Pixel continues to be a very good telephone, and it was upgraded to the newest Android 9.0 Pie, which is greater than we will say concerning the a lot newer telephones. In any case, there isn’t a doubt that Pixel is complete and useful.
Under are a few of the problems experienced by Google Pixel or Pixel XL house owners, as well as a couple of potential solutions and options to deal with them.
In case you have Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL, take a look at the listing of issues that affect Google's latest smartphone and what they do.
- 1 Drawback: Residence and Current Software Buttons Not Working
- 2 Glitch: Quick download not works after Android 9.zero Pie replace
- 3 Drawback: Restart loop
- 4 Drawback: Pixel does not charge or doesn’t cost appropriately
- 5 Drawback: Poor Wi-Fi connection or lack of connection
- 6 Drawback: Text or messages can’t be sent or acquired from contacts
- 7 Drawback: The telephone becomes scorching or unusually heat
- 8 Drawback: Totally different Bluetooth Problems
- 9 Drawback: The fingerprint scanner doesn’t work
- 10 Drawback: Calls can’t be made; no sound from the caller or receiver
- 11 Drawback: The microphone doesn’t work or has stopped working
Drawback: Residence and Current Software Buttons Not Working
We've seen the threads in the XDA Builders Discussion board and elsewhere to decide on the Residence and Current software buttons are usually not working, solely the Back button continues to work. It isn’t clear what this causes, however there are a couple of methods to fix it.
- In the event you've made a backup just lately, you may need to attempt a manufacturing unit reset, but beware – it’s going to take away all the things from your telephone. You can do it in Settings> System> Advanced> Reset Settings> Delete All Knowledge (Manufacturing unit Reset)> Reset Telephone> Delete All. This seems to have strengthened the problem for everyone who tried it.
- In the event you don't need to wipe your Pixel, you’ll be able to do this: Install Nova Launcher – you might have to swipe it – and then open it to set it as a boot system. Now hold an empty area on the Residence display and look for Widgets to seek out the Widgets widget. Drag it to the display, go right down to the Setup Wizard, and tap SetupWizardUpgradeActivity.
Glitch: Quick download not works after Android 9.zero Pie replace
Pixel was among the first phones to receive Android 9.0 update. Nevertheless, when some customers upgraded to Android Pie, they observed that the fast download perform not works. Google launched the following statement: “We are aware of the problem that non-Power Supplies (PD) USB chargers will no longer charge their 2016 Pixel and Pixel XL devices after the Android 9 Pie update. The 18W quick charger in the box is a PD charger and does not show this behavior. We will review the fix for non-PD USB chargers, and we will drive it over the next few weeks. ”
- Use a charging adapter with energy switch (PD). In case you don't have it, Google sells the adapter and the charging cable on its web site
- In October 2018, Google launched a software update that included a fix for this drawback and appears to work. Be sure to have the newest replace in Setup> System> Superior> System Replace> Examine for Update.
Drawback: Restart loop
Some Google Pixel house owners have complained about countless restart loops. Some individuals endure from this drawback after upgrading the gadget to Android eight.0, but for others it has occurred whatever the software program replace.
- Be sure the gadget is utilizing the newest software> Setup> System> Advanced> System Replace> Examine for Replace.
Should you still have restart loops after the improve, attempt the following:
- To modify to protected mode when the gadget is on, press and maintain the facility button. After a while, a box appears, touch and maintain the facility change. You see the message Reboot in protected mode. Faucet OK and the system will start in protected mode. The phrases “Safe mode” ought to be seen in the field on the backside.
- To modify to protected mode when the system is off, press the facility button and watch for the Google emblem to seem. When the animation begins, press and hold the quantity down button till the animation ends. The gadget will begin in protected mode and “Safe mode” will seem on the backside of the display. If all works in protected mode, a third-party software is more likely to trigger the problem. Remove purposes that start with what you final installed and try to see if the problem is gone – simply restart your telephone to remove security.
- You can even attempt to reset the telephone to the manufacturing unit settings, but it will wipe it all over. For those who haven't backed up lately, in fact, it might be an enormous drawback. To reset to manufacturing unit default settings, go to Settings> System> Advanced> Reset Settings> Delete All Knowledge (Manufacturing unit Reset)> Reset Telephone> Delete All. Choose to restart the system in any case has been removed. Word: You will need to enter a pattern, a PIN or a password, so be sure to realize it prematurely.
- In the event you can't entry your telephone but need to try to reset it, turn off the system. When it’s off, maintain down the quantity and then press and maintain the Energy button. Release each the Android field to spotlight the recovery mode using the Quantity buttons and then select the facility button. Once you see No Command, press and maintain the Power and Quantity key right down to load recovery mode. In Recovery mode, highlight Volume to pick erase info / Reset to manufacturing unit default and Energy to pick it. Spotlight and select Yes, and when completed, tap Energy Restart System Now.
- In case you nonetheless get the startup circuit after the manufacturing unit reset, it might be a hardware drawback. Some reported problems with the motherboard that required repair.
Drawback: Pixel does not charge or doesn’t cost appropriately
Some Pixel house owners on Google product forums have been unable to charge Pixel phones. In other instances, the telephone starts charging, but it isn’t as sensitive or quick appropriately.
- Attempt one other outlet that you’ve been using may be faulty.  Attempt the charger on one other system. If it doesn’t charge one other gadget, the charger may be defective and need alternative.
- Restart Google Pixel.
- Clean the Pixel charging port.
- Connect your telephone and wait a few minute:
- In case you see the battery icon, the telephone is at present off however is charging.
- If the pink mild is on, the battery is completely discharged. Cost the telephone a minimum of 30 minutes earlier than restarting it.
- Press the quantity and energy buttons for about 20 seconds. Should you see the Android mascot and the word Begin with arrow, press Quantity Down to spotlight Power Off. Press the Energy button to pick it and then cost the system for 30 minutes.
- If not one of the above solves the issue, please contact Google.
Drawback: Poor Wi-Fi connection or lack of connection
Another widespread drawback with smartphones is just not getting or maintaining an Web connection. There are a selection of subjects in Google Product Dialogue which have individuals with this drawback. Luckily, other units' solutions can be utilized to Google Pixel, and Google's help also consists of some strategies.
- Restart the system
- Go to Settings> Wi-Fi and
- Be sure that the airplane mode is off. If it is already disabled, turn it on and off
- Remove the community you are attempting to hook up with by choosing Settings> Wi-Fi and then choosing a network. Tap Overlook to delete it. Please add it again and attempt connecting once more.
- Restore Community Settings: Settings> Add (Beneath Wireless and Networks)> Community Settings> Reset Settings
- Restart the router and modem.
- The appliance might cause a problem. You’ll be able to verify that it is advisable turn on the telephone in Protected Mode. Press and hold the facility button to start out, briefly press and hold the facility change. You see the message Reboot in protected mode. Faucet OK and the system will start in protected mode. The words "Safe Mode" ought to be seen within the field at the backside. When in Protected Mode, attempt connecting to the Wi-Fi community again. If it really works, restart your telephone by exiting the safety mode and then uninstalling the newly put in purposes one after the other, examine the connection after each installation until Wi-Fi works. As soon as you find the appliance that induced the problem, you possibly can reinstall the other apps you've deleted.
Drawback: Text or messages can’t be sent or acquired from contacts
After updating or transferring Google Pixel, some Google discussion board house owners are
- As all the time, attempt restarting your telephone.
- Ensure that none of the contacts you are trying to dam is blocked. Also, ask in your contacts to be blocked. To verify your blocked contacts, open Messenger and tap Add (three horizontal points)> Blocked contacts. In case you don’t have Blocked Contacts, you have not blocked anybody.
- If your previous smartphone was iPhone, you will need to disable iMessage earlier than you possibly can send and obtain messages on your new Pixel system. When you still have an previous iPhone, turn it on and then go to Settings> Messaging and change iMessage off. When you not have that iPhone, you possibly can ask Apple to delete the number related to the iMessage number. Pixel house owners, supported by this 500+, and these different threads. There are a number of issues you’ll be able to attempt to remedy from easy restarts and software updates to new safety modes.
- Examine Software program Update Settings> System> Advanced> System Update> Examine
- Replace Your Purposes: Open the Google Play Retailer app and then tap Menu (upper left)> My Apps and Video games. Purposes to update are marked with Update. Tap Update to particular person purposes or Replace all to all purposes.
- Your gadget might start to expertise extra problems if the space for storing is lower than 10 %. Verify how much storage is out there by going to Settings> Recording. Think about eradicating older purposes, pictures, music, and different media to unencumber area.
- To drive closed purposes that you don’t presently use, choose Settings> Purposes and Notifications and then select the appliance and faucet Stop Stop.
- Software might cause drawback.
- If you wish to verify, you might want to begin the telephone in protected mode. Press and maintain the facility button to start out. After a while, a field appears, touch and maintain the facility change. You see the message Reboot in protected mode. Faucet OK and the gadget will start in protected mode. The words "Safe Mode" must be seen in the field on the backside.
- If crashes do not occur, restart the telephone to exit security mode and then take away the newly put in purposes separately. After you find the appliance that’s causing the problem, reinstall the opposite purposes you deleted.
- Reset your telephone to manufacturing unit default:
- Earlier than you reset your telephone, again up necessary knowledge and information
- To perform a manufacturing unit reset, select Settings> System> Advanced> Reset Settings> Delete All Knowledge (Restore Manufacturing unit Default)> Reset Telephone> Delete All. Select to restart your gadget in any case has been eliminated and restore it with the backup you’ve gotten made. Word: You need to enter a sample, PIN or password to start out this process, so be sure to comprehend it prematurely.
Drawback: The telephone becomes scorching or unusually heat
Listed here are numerous threads that indicate that Google Pixel will seem scorching or heat throughout use. This is quite widespread in case you do one thing demanding, nevertheless it shouldn’t occur throughout regular use. Fortuitously, there are ways to stop Pixel from overheating with out changing the best way you employ your telephone.
- To calculate the display brightness, go to Settings> Display.
- Think about going with no telephone throughout charging.
- Download fewer things by way of Wi-Fi or utilizing a mobile connection.
- Shut non-enabled purposes comparable to video games or other resource-intensive features or
- Scale back how typically you employ your telephone as a Wi-Fi service level or as a binder.
- Start the telephone in protected mode. If it does not heat up, the issue may be with the lately installed software.
- Contact Google in case you have tried all the above issues and the problem persists.
Drawback: Totally different Bluetooth Problems
Like the Wi-Fi issues described above, Bluetooth is a function that customers typically experience issues regardless of their smartphone. Google Pixel doesn’t break this specific line, but there are a number of issues you possibly can try to fix or improve the connection to headphones, automotive, and so forth.
- First and easiest thing
- Examine if Software program Update Settings> System> Advanced> System Replace> Examine for Update. In October, Google announced that it was conscious of the issues.
- Go to Settings> Bluetooth (beneath Wireless & networks) and be sure that Bluetooth is turned on. On this display, you may as well join the paired / disconnected system, contact the Settings icon to set up a paired Bluetooth gadget, or tap Menu (three vertical factors)> Replace to replace the record of current Bluetooth units.
- On your telephone, and if attainable, the gadget you are trying to hook up with will erase any earlier Bluetooth profiles which will intrude. This consists of new ones made once you try to connect Pixel.
- Begin Pixel to Protected Mode and attempt pairing again. If it really works as anticipated, the appliance might cause an issue. Restart the telephone and then remove the just lately installed purposes till the Bluetooth connection is working.
Drawback: The fingerprint scanner doesn’t work
The Google Pixel, like other sensible phones, has a fingerprint scanner that can be used as an additional approach to shield your gadget. Unfortunately, there are some instances where the scanner doesn’t learn the fingerprints appropriately or in any respect. It isn’t as widespread because the others described here, nevertheless it has spawned threads on Google Product Boards and Android Central Forums.
- As all the time, attempt restarting Pixel and re-using the scanner.
- In case you are utilizing a phone case, remove it and attempt again.
- Go to Settings> Safety & Location> Pixel Notification, and remove the fingerprints you might have made earlier, and then retype your fingerprint. Think about registering the same finger several occasions, but from totally different views. When you’ve got a telephone case, take away it earlier than scanning your finger as it might intrude with the scanning angle.
- Examine the scanner yourself and clear the world round it. Contemplating also cleaning your personal hand. Filth, mud and other debris can forestall the scanner from working correctly.
- If the issue persists, please contact Google Help.
Drawback: Calls can’t be made; no sound from the caller or receiver
When answering an incoming name, the caller and the receiver can’t hear one another, and the telephone software sometimes delays answering or ending the call. This strong twist began in December, and individuals are persevering with this drawback.
- Restarting the telephone is a problem for some individuals.
- To turn off Bluetooth, go to Settings> Bluetooth and turn off the setting. Your telephone could also be related to a nearby gadget to which it has lately joined.
- The microphone might have a hardware drawback (see the following drawback).
Drawback: The microphone doesn’t work or has stopped working
Take a look at this thread in Google Product Boards as evidence that quite a number of individuals don't use practical microphones on their smartphones. For some, the microphone doesn’t work in any respect, whereas others have found that it only works with video or sure purposes comparable to Facebook Messenger and merchandise.
- Google confirms this can be a hardware drawback that impacts a small variety of units. We advocate that you simply contact Google to resolve the difficulty.
Need to improve to Pixel? Learn the assessment of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. And for those who determine to choose one, please assist us turn into an professional in these Pixel 3 ideas.